Jesus, joy of the highest heaven,Born as a little babyUnder a wondrous star.Like us, crying He takes His first breathHeld by His mother, helplessClose to her beating heart.Jesus, laid in a lowly manger,Facing a world of dangers,Come to turn me a strangerInto a child of God.
Jesus, King of the highest heavenLearning to take His first steps,That He might bring us life.Like us, knowing our smiles and sorrows,He showed the way to follow,A way that is true and right.Jesus, take away every darkness,Steady my simple footstepsThat I might in your goodnessLive as a child of God.
—Keith Getty and Kristyn Getty
Other hymns, worship songs, sermons etc. posted today:
- O Wisdom, Spreading Mightily at Conjubilant with Song
- Of the Father’s Love Begotten at Gospel Grace
- O Let Your Soul Now Be Filled With Gladness at By Grace Alone
- Lo, How a Rose E’er Blooming at The Happy Wonderer
- O Holy Night at Hopeful Morning
- Alter and Manger at Tried With Fire
- Lord’s Day 51, 2012 at The Thirsty Theologian
- Your Weekly Dose of Spurgeon at Pyromaniacs: Time Married to Eternity
- Third Sunday in Advent at The Upward Call
- Praying Isaiah 9:6-7 at Daily On My Way to Heaven
Have you posted a hymn (or sermon, sermon notes, prayer, etc.) today and I missed it? Let me know by leaving a link in the comments or by contacting me using the contact form linked above, and I’ll add your post to the list.