The Spirit breathes upon the Word,
And brings the truth to sight;
Precepts and promises afford
A sanctifying light.
A glory gilds the sacred page,
Majestic, like the sun:
It gives a light to ev’ry age;
It gives, but borrows none.
The Hand that gave it still supplies
The gracious light and heat:
His truths upon the nations rise;
They rise, but never set.
Let everlasting thanks be thine
For such a bright display
As makes a world of darkness shine
With beams of heav’nly day.
My soul rejoices to pursue
The steps of him I love.
Till glory break upon my view
In brighter worlds above.
Other hymns, worship songs, sermons etc. posted today:
- Update: I Sing the Mighty Power of God at Still Reforming
- Tell Me the Old, Old Story at Field Stone Cottage
- God Is Our Refuge and Our Strength at Whatever Things
- Give Me Lord a Heart of Grace at The Happy Wonderer
- We Know That Thou Art Near Us at Rosemary at Home
- Lord’s Day 7 at Tried With Fire
- Lord’s Day 7, 2012 at The Thirsty Theologian
- A Sunday Psalm: The Treasury of David - Psalm 2:4-6 at Theology for Girls
- Faith Alone - February 12, 2012 at The Upward Call
- Update: A Quest for Godliness - February 12, 2012 at Alabamenagerie
- Update: Your weekly dose of Spurgeon at Pyromaniacs: Halfheartedness, Half-Orthodoxy, and the Danger of Ministers Who Don’t Speak Straight
Have you posted a hymn (or sermon, sermon notes, prayer, etc.) today and I missed it? Let me know by leaving a link in the comments or by contacting me using the contact form linked above, and I’ll add your post to the list.