When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.
But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet.
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way.
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.
—John H. Sammis
This is another hymn with hundreds of recordings on YouTube. The Hawaiian hula praise dance rendition was an obvious no-go, but that still left pages and pages of good videos to choose from. Here are two that popped up early in the search that I liked.
Other hymns, worship songs, sermons etc. posted today:
- Throne of Grace at Gospel Grace
- Leaning on the Everlasting Arms at By Grace Alone
- When Christ Our Lord Had Passed Once More at The Happy Wonderer
- Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah at Challies.com
- Hail Festal Day! at Conjubilant With Song
- Voices from the Past #20 at Tried With Fire
- Lord’s Day 20, 2013 at The Thirsty Theologian
- You Weekly Dose of Spurgeon at Pyromaniacs: Either He did or He didn’t!
Have you posted a hymn (or sermon, sermon notes, prayer, etc.) today and I missed it? Let me know by leaving a link in the comments or by contacting me using the contact form linked above, and I’ll add your post to the list.