Thursday, July 4, 2013 at 8:17PM
Already it’s Thursday again. I’m thankful
- for weeks, seasons, and time.
- for time to spend with the ones I love, and time to do what I need to do; for time to read, and think and rest.
- for the daylight hours that grow my garden, and the weeks and months that grow my grandchildren.
- that God has determined my allotted time and that my times are in his hands.
- that God brought me through the trials of my past and that he will bring me through the trials of my future.
- that God who created time has a plan for it, a plan he is unfolding day after day, year after year, century after century, from creation to eternity.
- that God the Son, who created time, entered it, and died and rose again in history in order to redeem his people and his creation.
- that he will come again at the end of the age.
- for the promise of a new day tomorrow and an eternity spent always with the Lord.