or Our Great Saviour, as it’s titled in my hymnal.
Jesus! what a Friend for sinners!
Jesus! Lover of my soul;
Friends may fail me, foes assail me,
He, my Savior, makes me whole.
Hallelujah! what a Savior!
Hallelujah! what a Friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving,
He is with me to the end.
Jesus! what a Strength in weakness!
Let me hide myself in Him.
Tempted, tried, and sometimes failing,
He, my Strength, my victory wins.
Jesus! what a Help in sorrow!
While the billows over me roll,
Even when my heart is breaking,
He, my Comfort, helps my soul.
Jesus! what a Guide and Keeper!
While the tempest still is high,
Storms about me, night overtakes me,
He, my Pilot, hears my cry.
Jesus! I do now receive Him,
[or Jesus! I do now adore Him,]
More than all in Him I find.
He hath granted me forgiveness,
I am His, and He is mine.
Other hymns, worship songs, sermons etc. posted today:
- All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name at threegirldad
- God Made Me for Himself at Whatever Things
- A Light Came Out of Darkness at The Happy Wonderer
- The Lord Will Come and Not Be Slow at Fieldstone Cottage
- Assist My Soul, My Heavenly King at Tried With Fire ?
- Lord’s Day 36, 2011 at The Thirsty Theologian
- Voices From the Past - September 4, 2011 at The Upward Call
- Update: Psalm 130 and more at Alabamenagerie
Have you posted a hymn (or sermon, sermon notes, prayer, etc.) today and I missed it? Let me know by leaving a link in the comments or by contacting me using the contact form linked above, and I’ll add your post to the list.