The day of resurrection! Earth, tell it out abroad;
The Passover of gladness, the Passover of God.
From death to life eternal, from earth unto the sky,
Our Christ hath brought us over, with hymns of victory.
Our hearts be pure from evil, that we may see aright
The Lord in rays eternal of resurrection light;
And listening to His accents, may hear, so calm and plain,
All hail! and, hearing, may raise the victor strain.
Now let the heavens be joyful! Let earth the song begin!
Let the round world keep triumph, and all that is therein!
Let all things seen and unseen their notes in gladness blend,
For Christ the Lord hath risen, our joy that hath no end.
—John of Damascus
Other hymns, worship songs, sermons etc. posted today:
- Update: The Bridegroom Came to Rest at Heidel-Bible Blog
- Update: Be Now My Vision at threegirldad
- Update: The All Seeing God at Daily On My Way to Heaven
- Immortal Honors Rest on Jesus’ Name at Tried With Fire
- Our God, Our Help in Ages Past at Theology for Girls
- Out of the Depths to Thee I Cry at Rosemary at Home
- Searcher of Hearts, From Mine Erase at The Happy Wonderer
- It Sounds Along the Ages at Conjubilant with Song
- Lord’s Day 11, 2010 at The Thirsty Theologian
- Voices of the Past - March 13, 2011 at The Upward Call
- The Lord’s Day at Everyday Mommy
Have you posted a hymn (or sermon, sermon notes, prayer, etc.) today and I missed it? Let me know by leaving a link in the comments or by contacting me using the contact form linked above, and I’ll add your post to the list.