Jesus, priceless treasure,
Source of purest pleasure,
Truest friend to me.
Ah, how long in anguish
Shall my spirit languish,
Yearning, Lord, for Thee?
Thou art mine, O Lamb divine!
I will suffer naught to hide Thee,
Naught I ask beside Thee.
In Thine arms I rest me;
Foes who would molest me
Cannot reach me here.
Though the earth be shaking,
Every heart be quaking,
Jesus calms my fear.
Lightnings flash and thunders crash;
Yet, though sin and hell assail me,
Jesus will not fail me.
Satan, I defy thee;
Death, I now decry thee;
Fear, I bid thee cease.
World, thou shalt not harm me
Nor thy threats alarm me
While I sing of peace.
God’s great power guards every hour;
Earth and all its depths adore Him,
Silent bow before Him.
Evil world, I leave thee;
Thou canst not deceive me,
Thine appeal is vain.
Sin that once did bind me,
Get thee far behind me,
Come not forth again.
Past thy hour, O pride and power;
Sinful life, thy bonds I sever,
Leave thee now forever.
Hence, all thought of sadness!
For the Lord of gladness,
Jesus, enters in.
Those who love the Father,
Though the storms may gather,
Still have peace within;
Yea, whatever we here must bear,
Still in Thee lies purest pleasure,
Jesus, priceless treasure!
— Johann Franck, translated by Catherine Winkworth.
Other hymns, worship songs, sermons etc. posted today:
- Update: Praise the Saviour, Ye Who Know Him at Jam and Books
- And Can It Be That I Should Gain? at threegirldad
- All That Thrills My Soul Is Jesus at Whatever Things
- Redeemed, How I Love to Proclaim It at Rosemary at Home
- A Shelter in the Time of Storm at Fieldstone Cottage
- Beautiful Sunshine at The Happy Wonderer
- Righteousness to the Believer at Tried With Fire
- Lord’s Day 28, 2011 at The Thirsty Theologian
- Voices From the Past - July 10, 2011 at The Upward Call
- Eccentricity, Criticism, and Courage (Your weekly dose of Spurgeon) at Pyromaniacs
- Update: Psalm 96 at Daily On My Way to Heaven
Have you posted a hymn (or sermon, sermon notes, prayer, etc.) today and I missed it? Let me know by leaving a link in the comments or by contacting me using the contact form linked above, and I’ll add your post to the list.