Holy God, we praise Thy name;
Lord of all, we bow before Thee!
All on earth Thy scepter claim,
All in Heaven above adore Thee;
Infinite Thy vast domain,
Everlasting is Thy reign.
Hark! the loud celestial hymn
Angel choirs above are raising,
Cherubim and seraphim,
In unceasing chorus praising;
Fill the heavens with sweet accord:
Holy, holy, holy, Lord.
Lo! the apostolic train
Join the sacred name to hallow;
Prophets swell the loud refrain,
And the white robed martyrs follow;
And from morn to set of sun,
Through the Church the song goes on.
Holy Father, Holy Son,
Holy Spirit, Three we name Thee;
While in essence only One,
Undivided God we claim Thee;
And adoring bend the knee,
While we own the mystery.
—Te Deum, c. 4th century.
Other hymns, worship songs, sermons etc. posted today:
- Blessed Be the Name at Jam and Books
- With Broken Heart and Contrite Sigh at Whatever Things
- Indescribable at The Happy Wonderer
- How Beautiful the Sight at Fieldstone Cottage
- A Refuge for Sinners, the Gospel Makes Known at Tried With Fire
- Lord’s Day 42, 2011 at The Thirsty Theologian
- Voices From the Past - October 16, 2011 at The Upward Call
- Your Weekly Dose of Spurgeon at Pyromaniacs: On Fraternizing with Rank Heretics
- Praying the Psalms - Psalm 1 at Daily on My Way to Heaven
- The Deeps from the Valley of Vision at Lisa Writes
- Presbyterian Profundity at Reformation 21 Blog
Have you posted a hymn (or sermon, sermon notes, prayer, etc.) today and I missed it? Let me know by leaving a link in the comments or by contacting me using the contact form linked above, and I’ll add your post to the list.