Reasons to Study
Aaron Armstrong lists three reasons to study church history:
- The Bible commands us too.
- The stories of the past help us persevere in the present.
- The past helps us defend the faith in the present.
Read the whole piece for Aaron’s explanations. Also included — a few recommended resources for the beginning learner.
People to Know
- Adoniram Judson (Nathan Busenitz): “As a husband, father, missionary, and friend, Judson truly knew what it was to sacrifice and suffer. Nevertheless, enduring all of this, he steadfastly pursued his goal of evangelizing the Burmese people and translating the Bible into their language.”
- Lady Jane Grey (Justin Taylor with Dr. J. Stephan Edwards): “Lady Jane Grey (1536/7-1554) is a daughter of the Reformation whose story of faithfulness and grace deserves to be better known.”
Finding the Gospel
Quotes from three Christian leaders from the patristic era of church history who affirm sola fide (Nathan Busenitz).