Mighty God, while angels bless thee,
May a mortal sing thy name?
Lord of men as well as angels,
Thou art every creature’s theme.
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia! Amen.
Lord of every land and nation,
Ancient of eternal days,
Sounded through the wide creation
Be thy just and lawful praise.
For the grandeur of thy nature,
Grand beyond the seraph’s thought;
For created works of power,
Works with skill and kindness wrought.
But thy rich, thy free redemption,
Dark through brightness all along,
Thought is poor, and poor expression,
Who dare sing that awful song?
Brightness of the Father’s glory,
Shall thy praise unuttered lie?
Fly, my tongue, such guilty silence,
Sing the Lord who came to die:
From the highest throne in glory,
To the cross of deepest woe,
All to ransom guilty captives,
Flow my praise, for ever flow.
This is not much to look at, but there were only a couple videos of this hymn to choose from.
Other hymns, worship songs, sermons etc. posted today:
- Lift High the Cross at Graces Daily
- Hail! My Ever Blessed Jesus at The Happy Wonderer
- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross at Luma Simms
- The Son’s Submission at Tried With Fire
- Lord’s Day 12, 2014 at The Thirsty Theologian
- Lifting Up Our Hearts - 21 at The Upward Call
- Your Weekly Dose of Spurgeon at Pyromaniacs: Why me?
- The Treasury of David: Psalm 19:1 at Theology for Girls
Have you posted a hymn (or sermon, sermon notes, prayer, etc.) today and I missed it? Let me know by leaving a link in the comments or by contacting me using the contact form linked above, and I’ll add your post to the list.