Jesus, where’er thy people meet,
There they behold thy mercy-seat;
Where’er they seek thee, thou art found,
And ev’ry place is hallowed ground.
For thou, within no walls confined,
Inhabitest the humble mind;
Such ever bring thee where they come,
And going, take thee to their home.
Dear Shepherd of thy chosen few,
Thy former mercies here renew;
Here to our waiting hearts proclaim
The sweetness of thy saving Name.
Here may we prove the pow’r of prayer
To strengthen faith and sweeten care,
To teach our faint desires to rise,
And bring all heav’n before our eyes.
Lord, we are few, but thou art near;
Nor short thine arm, nor deaf thine ear;
O rend the heav’ns, come quickly down,
And make a thousand hearts thine own.
Other hymns, worship songs, prayers, sermons excerpts, or quotes posted today:
- Summer at The Happy Wonderer
- Every Place Is Hallowed Ground at The Upward Call
- Bless Through Me, Lord Jesus at Trevin Wax
- The Foundation of God Standeth Sure at Tried With Fire
- Your weekly dose of Spurgeon: Seen with Him at Pyromaniacs
- A Woman’s War at Theology for Girls
Have you posted a hymn (or sermon, sermon notes, prayer, etc.) today and I missed it? Let me know by leaving a link in the comments or by contacting me using the contact form linked above, and I’ll add your post to the list.