The heav’ns declare Thy glory, Lord,
In every star Thy wisdom shines
But when our eyes behold Thy Word,
We read Thy name in fairer lines.
The rolling sun, the changing light,
And nights and days, Thy power confess
But the blest volume Thou hast writ
Reveals Thy justice and Thy grace.
Sun, moon, and stars convey Thy praise
Round the whole earth, and never stand:
So when Thy truth begun its race,
It touched and glanced on every land.
Nor shall Thy spreading Gospel rest
Till through the world Thy truth has run,
Till Christ has all the nations blest
That see the light or feel the sun.
Great Sun of Righteousness, arise,
Bless the dark world with heav’nly light;
Thy Gospel makes the simple wise,
Thy laws are pure, Thy judgments right.
Thy noblest wonders here we view
In souls renewed and sins forgiv’n;
Lord, cleanse my sins, my soul renew,
And make Thy Word my guide to Heaven.
Other hymns, worship songs, sermons etc. posted today:
- Update: All People That on Earth Do Dwell at Fieldstone Cottage
- O Love That Wilt Not Let Me Go at Still Reforming
- Heavenly Sunlight at The Happy Wonderer
- Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise at Rosemary at Home
- Last words of Mary Ann Paton at Tried With Fire
- Lord’s Day 8, 2012 at The Thirsty Theologian
- A Sunday Psalm: The Treasury of David - Psalm 2:7 at Theology for Girls
- Faith Alone - February 19, 2012 at The Upward Call
- Update: Your Weekly Dose of Spurgeon at Pyromaniacs: The Delusion of the Unbeliever’s “Freedom”