Unto the hills around do I lift up
My longing eyes:
O whence for me shall my salvation come,
From whence arise?
From God the Lord doth come my certain aid,
From God the Lord, who heaven and earth hath made.
He will not suffer that thy foot be moved:
Safe shalt thou be.
No careless slumber shall his eyelids close,
Who keepeth thee.
Behold our God, the Lord, he slumbereth ne’er,
Who keepeth Israel in his holy care.
Jehovah is himself thy keeper true,
Thy changeless shade;
Jehovah thy defense on thy right hand
Himself hath made.
And thee no sun by day shall ever smite;
No moon shall harm thee in the silent night.
From every evil shall he keep thy soul,
From every sin:
Jehovah shall preserve thy going out,
Thy coming in.
Above thee watching, he whom we adore
Shall keep thee henceforth, yea, for evermore.
—John D. Campbell
Other hymns, worship songs, prayers, sermons excerpts, or quotes posted today:
- God of Our Fathers, Whose Almighty Hand at Graces Daily
- Look, Ye Saints! The Sight Is Glorious at The Happy Wondere
- I Believe So That I May Understand from Trevin Wax
- God’s Word is our ultimatum at Blogging Theologically
- Lifting Up Our Hearts - 33 at The Upward Call
- A new name, address, and reason to live at Tried With Fire
- Lord’s Day 30, 2014 at The Thirsty Theologian
- Your weekly dose of Spurgeon: “Precious” at Pyromaniacs
Have you posted a hymn (or sermon, sermon notes, prayer, etc.) today and I missed it? Let me know by leaving a link in the comments or by contacting me using the contact form linked above, and I’ll add your post to the list.