There are pages and pages of YouTube videos featuring this hymn. It wasn’t easy, but I’ve finally chose this one by Bob Kauflin to post, but I’ve listed others I liked below.
- Shane Clark with Charlie Daniels (I wasn’t born in Tennesee for nothing.)
- In Swahili at a Baptist church in Tanzania
- Red Montain Church (I love Red Mountain Church music, but I think I prefer the traditional tune with this hymn.)
- A Celtic band
- Philadelphia Mass Choir, complete with record scratches.
You’ll appreciate Cowpers’s hymns more if you read (or listen to) this biography by John Piper.
Other hymns, worship songs, sermons etc. posted today:
- Update: Awake My Soul, Stretch Ev’ry Nerve at Fieldstone Cottage
- O Worship the King at Jam and Books
- Praise Ye Jehovah at Whatever Things
- Rescue the Perishing at The Happy Wonderer
- I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say at Rosemary at Home
- Lord’s Day 9 at Tried With Fire
- Lord’s Day 9, 2012 at The Thirsty Theologian
- A Sunday Psalm: The Treasury of David - Psalm 2:8-9 at Theology for Girls
- Faith Alone - February 27, 2012 at The Upward Call
Have you posted a hymn (or sermon, sermon notes, prayer, etc.) today and I missed it? Let me know by leaving a link in the comments or by contacting me using the contact form linked above, and I’ll add your post to the list.