O worship the King, all glorious above,
O gratefully sing His power and His love;
Our Shield and Defender, the Ancient of Days,
Pavilioned in splendor, and girded with praise.
O tell of His might, O sing of His grace,
Whose robe is the light, whose canopy space,
His chariots of wrath the deep thunderclouds form,
And dark is His path on the wings of the storm.
The earth with its store of wonders untold,
Almighty, Thy power hath founded of old;
Established it fast by a changeless decree,
And round it hath cast, like a mantle, the sea.
Thy bountiful care, what tongue can recite?
It breathes in the air, it shines in the light;
It streams from the hills, it descends to the plain,
And sweetly distills in the dew and the rain.
Frail children of dust, and feeble as frail,
In Thee do we trust, nor find Thee to fail;
Thy mercies how tender, how firm to the end,
Our Maker, Defender, Redeemer, and Friend.
O measureless might! Ineffable love!
While angels delight to worship Thee above,
The humbler creation, though feeble their lays,
With true adoration shall all sing Thy praise.
Other hymns, worship songs, sermons etc. posted today:
- Update: The Ninety and Nine at Hopeful Morning
- My Song Shall Bless the Lord of All at Rosemary at Home
- The Lord Is Rich and Merciful at Whatever Things
- At the Lamb’s High Feast We Sing at Hiraeth
- Blest Be the Tie That Binds at Fieldstone Cottage
- Savior, Teach Me Day by Day at The Happy Wonderer
- Jesus, at Thy Command at Tried With Fire
- O Zion, Tune Your Voice at Conjubilant with Song
- Lord’s Day 26, 2011 at The Thirsty Theologian
- Voices From the Past - June 26, 2011 at The Upward Call
- The Urgency of Our Evangelistic Duty (Your weekly dose of Spurgeon) at Pyromaniacs
Have you posted a hymn (or sermon, sermon notes, prayer, etc.) today and I missed it? Let me know by leaving a link in the comments or by contacting me using the contact form linked above, and I’ll add your post to the list.