For all the saints, who from their labors rest,
Who Thee by faith before the world confessed,
Thy name, O Jesus, be forever blessed.
Thou wast their rock, their fortress and their might;
Thou, Lord, their captain in the well fought fight;
Thou, in the darkness drear, their one true Light.
O may Thy soldiers, faithful, true and bold,
Fight as the saints who nobly fought of old,
And win with them the victor’s crown of gold.
And when the strife is fierce, the warfare long,
Steals on the ear the distant triumph song,
And hearts are brave, again, and arms are strong.
Other hymns, worship songs, sermons etc. posted today:
- Brethren, We Have Come to Worship at Jam and Books
- The Church’s One Foundation at Rosemary at Home
- As the Deer at Lisa Writes
- O Breath of Life at Whatever Things
- O Thou Whose Bounty Fills My Cup at The Happy Wonderer
- When Israel Out of Egypt Went at Fieldstone Cottage
- Whom the Lord Jehovah Loves at Tried With Fire
- Lord’s Day 45, 2011 at The Thirsty Theologian
- Voices From the Past - November 6, 2011 at The Upward Call
- Praying the Psalms - Psalm 13 at Daily on My Way to Heaven
Have you posted a hymn (or sermon, sermon notes, prayer, etc.) today and I missed it? Let me know by leaving a link in the comments or by contacting me using the contact form linked above, and I’ll add your post to the list.