- Added a link to Arius: Know Your Heretics from The Resurgence.
- Added a link to Eutyches: Know Your Heretics from The Resurgence. (I plan to eventually link to others of these Know Your Heretics pieces. Meanwhile, you might want to check them all out.)
- Updated the link to Wayne Grudem’s lecture on The Person of Christ, Part 3 (mp3)
- tweaked the definition with a quote from Concise Theology by J. I. Packer.
- added related terms person and Trinity.
- added link to What is the canon of Scripture? at GotQuestion.org.
- added link to The Canon of Scripture from ESV Study Bible.
- added related terms authority of scripture, inerrancy of scripture, infallibility of scripture and inspiration of scripture.
- updated links to the Wayne Grudem lectures: The Old Testament Canon, The New Testament Canon (mp3)
I’m thankful for the protection from harm that God gives.
I have nearly 40 years of driving under my belt and I’ve only had one accident, and that one minor injury accident is the only moving vehicle accident anyone in this family has ever had. We’re certainly not perfect drivers, but God has protected us.
No one in this family has ever fallen from a roof, ladder or scaffolding, and over the years various family members (including me) have spent plenty of time on roofs, ladders and scaffolding. I’m thankful for our heavenly Father’s protecting hand.
We’ve done a bit of tree-felling as we get fire-wood, and we’ve always felled safely, even though some trees have not landed exactly as planned. I see God’s protection there, too, and I am thankful for it.
We’ve had our fair share of bike tumbles, including some spectacular looking ones, but we’ve ended up with nothing more than scrapes and bruises. I’m thankful that God has protected us from worse injury.
I’m thankful that God has protected my elderly father, whose bones are frail and who is wobbly on his feet, from injury when he has fallen. And I’m thankful that God has kept him from falling more than he has.
My list could go on to gymnastics, soccer, pulling engines and transmissions, but let’s just say I’m thankful for day by day, moment by moment, protection from God. I’m thankful that God in his mercy has spared us from some of the hurt and harm that would have come to us without his intervention. I’m thankful for our safety.
On Thursdays throughout this year, I plan to post a few thoughts of thanksgiving along with Kim at the Upward Call and others. Why don’t you participate by posting your thanksgiving each week, too? It’ll be an encouragement to you and to others, I promise.