In Canada, we call this holiday Remembrance Day. It’s the day we remember the soldiers who have given their lives in war so that we can live our lives in peace. So many wars; so many who have give their lives. Most recently, for Canadians, we think of the soldiers lost fighting in Afghanistan.
I’m thankful for the peace I live in and for the soldiers who have fought to bring and preserve that peace.
And did you know that we have one military wife giving thanks with us? I’m thankful for military spouses, who serve and sacrifice, too.
Others thanking God today:
- Aadel is thankful “today for my husband, who has served 11 years in the Marine Corps and Army. I am thankful to God for being able to serve right beside him here at home. I am thankful for the soldiers who died in service, for those we have met along the way, for those who came before us.”
- Diane is thankful for a lesson in hermeneutics.
- Trisha is thankful for where God has placed her.
- Joan is thankful for those who serve our country.
- Becky is thankful for reformation.
- Lisa is thankful for time to not hurry.
- Kim (The Upward Call) is thankful for those who’ve served in the military.
- Victoria is thankful that God creates beauty.
- Pam is thankful that something happened.
- Rosemary is thankful for God’s mercy.
- Persis is thankful for “the men and women who have served and are currently serving in the armed forces.”
- Connie is thankful for all the little conveniences.
- Amy in Peru is thankful for the word that is very near.
- Elle is thankful for her red couch and more.
- Leslie is thankful that her kids enjoy music.
- Becky is thankful for those who have served in the armed forces, thinking especially of her own father.
Updated 10:00pm PST:
- Lindsay has a whole list of things she’s thankful for.
- Sandra is thankful for “all our veterans, past and present.”
- Dorothy is thankful for “the robe of righteousness with which I’m covered by Christ through His atoning work so that my sins are completely covered before my Heavenly Father.”
- Kim (Hiraeth) is thankful for her ladies Bible study and more.
- threegirldad is thankful for all the veterans.
What are you thankful for today?
I’ll be back this evening (late!) to add any more thanksgiving posts I find (or that you point me to). As more people participate, it gets more likely that I’ll make mistakes in my posting, so if I miss your post or mess up a link, please tell me. And remember, if you miss a day or two, you’ll need to give me a heads up on your next thanksgiving post.
Do you want to participate, too? You’ll find instructions here for the ways both bloggers and nonbloggers can join in the thanksgiving.