Question 57. What comfort does the “resurrection of the body” offer you?
Answer: Not only will my soul after this life be immediately taken up to Christ its head, (a) but also, my body, raised by the power of Christ, will be reunited with my soul, and made like the glorious body of Christ. (b)
(Scriptural proofs after the fold.)
None other Lamb, none other Name,
None other Hope in heav’n or earth or sea,
None other Hiding place from guilt and shame,
None beside thee!
My faith burns low, my hope burns low;
Only my heart’s desire cries out in me
By the deep thunder of its want and woe,
Cries out to thee.
Lord, thou art Life, though I be dead;
Love’s fire thou art, however cold I be:
Nor heav’n have I, nor place to lay my head,
Nor home, but thee.—Christina Rossetti
Other hymns, worship songs, prayers, sermons excerpts, or quotes posted today:
- Ye Servants of God, Your Master Proclaim at Graces Daily
- My God, I Thank Thee at The Happy Wonderer
- The Grace of Deliverance at Tried With Fire
- Lifting Up Our Hearts - 42 at The Upward Call
- Lord, Help Me Redeem the Time from Trevin Wax
- Lord’s Day 41, 2014 at The Thirsty Theologian
- The shield is cast away at Blogging Theologically
- Your weekly dose of Spurgeon: Allegory? at Pyromaniacs
- The Treasury of David - Psalm 20:1 at Theology for Girls
Have you posted a hymn (or sermon, sermon notes, prayer, etc.) today and I missed it? Let me know by leaving a link in the comments or by contacting me using the contact form linked above, and I’ll add your post to the list.
Here are a few things I’ve been thankful for this week.
- a bouquet of sunflowers. As I write this, there is a layer of snow on the ground and the sky is gloomy, but the bouquet of sunflowers on the coffee table brightens my life and reminds me of warmer days.
- for a gift of homemade oatmeal raisins cookies.
- days and evenings with family and friends. I’ve done lots of visiting this week, and there’s more to come this weekend—the weekend of Canadian Thanksgiving.
- God’s protection when I fell while carrying a basket of dirty clothes down the basement stairs. It could have been bad, but the basket and I landed softly and I wasn’t hurt at all.
- the rest from spiritual strivings that comes through Christ.
Also thankful today:
What are you thankful for? Leave a comment with your thanksgiving, post your thanksgiving on your blog, or tweet it. Give me the link by email or in a comment and I’ll add your thanksgiving to the list in the post.