Soldiers of Christ, arise,
And put your armor on,
Strong in the strength which God supplies
Through his Eternal Son.
Strong in the Lord of hosts,
And in his mighty pow’r,
Who in the strength of Jesus trusts
Is more than conqueror.
Stand then in his great might,
With all his strength endued;
But take, to arm you for the fight,
The panoply of God.
Leave no unguarded place,
No weakness of the soul;
Take ev’ry virtue, ev’ry grace,
And fortify the whole.
To keep your armor bright,
Attend with constant care;
Still walking in your Captain’s sight,
And watching unto prayer.
From strength to strength go on;
Wrestle and fight and pray;
Tread all the pow’rs of darkness down,
And win the well-fought day.
Other hymns, worship songs, prayers, sermons excerpts, or quotes posted today:
- All Creatures of Our God and King at Jam and Books
- Rescue the Perishing at The Happy Wonderer
- Ask What I Shall Give Thee at The Upward Call
- Lord’s Day 4, 2016 at The Thirsty Theologian
- Christ the Word at Tried With Fire
- Your weekly dose of Spurgeon: Spurgeon on “The golden alphabet,” Psalm 119 at Pyromaniacs
Have you posted a hymn (or sermon, sermon notes, prayer, etc.) today and I missed it? Let me know by leaving a link in the comments or by contacting me using the contact form linked above, and I’ll add your post to the list.