This joyful Eastertide,
Away with sin and sorrow!
My Love, the Crucified,
Hath sprung to life this morrow.
Had Christ, that once was slain,
Ne’er burst His three day prison,
Our faith had been in vain;
But now hath Christ arisen,
Arisen, arisen, arisen!
My flesh in hope shall rest,
And for a season slumber;
Till trump from east to west,
Shall wake the dead in number.
Death’s flood hath lost his chill,
Since Jesus crossed the river:
Lover of souls, from ill
My passing soul deliver.
—George R. Woodward
Graham Kendrick’s tune
Other hymns, worship songs, prayers, sermons excerpts, or quotes posted today:
- In Christ Alone at The Happy Wonderer
- It’s Good to Be Here at The Upward Call
- Christ the Lord Is Risen Today at Semicolon
- That’s My King at The Cripplegate
- Lord’s Day 14, 2016 at The Thirsty Theologian
- Resurrection at Tried With Fire
- Your weekly dose of Spurgeon: “He is not here” at Pyromaniacs
Have you posted a hymn (or sermon, sermon notes, prayer, etc.) today and I missed it? Let me know by leaving a link in the comments or by contacting me using the contact form linked above, and I’ll add your post to the list.